The Sweetest Woman There

From bank to bank the water roars Like thunder in a storm
A Sea in sight of both the shores Creating no alarm
The water birds above the flood fly O'er the foam and spray
And nature wears a gloomy hood On this October day
And there I saw a bonny maid That proved my hearts delight
All day she was a Goddess made An angel fair at night
We loved and in each others power Felt nothing to condemn
I was the leaf and she the flower And both grew on one stem
I loved her lip her cheek her eye She cheered my midnight gloom
A bonny rose neath Gods own sky In one perennial bloom
She lives mid pastures evergreen And meadows ever fair
Each winter spring and summer scene The sweetest woman there
She lives among the meadow floods That foams and roars away
While fading hedge rows distant woods Fade off to naked spray
She lives to cherish and delight All nature with her face
She brought me joy morn noon and night In that low lonely place

No comments: